Sunday, February 5, 2012

A New Teacup



Happy Sunday, All!

Just hurriedly doing a shortish post today so that I can finish up a few chores, be ready to relax this evening with Downton Abbey, then finish reading a good children's book after that.  (The book is part of a series that I'll share with you when I've read all of them.)

You ladies are rubbing off on me because I bought another new teacup at a thrift shop.  I have to be careful about that because a) I don't have much room and b) I don't have much room!  But I thought it was very sweet and a steal at $2.50.  Its mark says Royal Dover - Made in England.  The cup is a combination of fluting and curves that I thought was very pretty:








I'm also sharing a little book my grandmother received from Sunday School in 1911.  She would have been almost thirteen at the time:















Two costume pins of my grandmother's.
All my pearls are faux, of course, and sadly,
some strands are in very poor condition.


Some entries from the little book (I assume KJV):

Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing (2 Tim. 4:8).

Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved (Rom. 10:13).

Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass (Psa. 37:5).


And the ransomed of the Lord shall return, and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy upon their heads; they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.
Isaiah 35:10




Welcome to my new followers!  If I don't get back mid-week (work has been extra-tiring lately), I'm planning to get my Valentine's post up next weekend.  Have a great week!
Bess

I hope to be linking this post to the following wonderful places/posts. Please go visit them, you'll be glad you did!

Charlotte for Spiritual Sundays
Mary at Little Red House for Mosaic Monday
Cielo at The House in the Roses for Show Off Your Cottage Monday
Kathy at A Delightsome Life for A Return to Loveliness
Sandi at Rose Chintz Cottage for Tea Time Tuesday
Martha at Martha's Favorites for Tea Cup Tuesday
Terri at Artful Affirmations for Tea Cup Tuesday
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesday
Mary at Very Merry Vintage Style for Share the Love Wednesday
Bernideen at Bernideen's Tea Time Blog for Friends Sharing Tea
Thank you, Gracious Ladies!