Sunday, January 1, 2012

Thy Word


Hello Friends,

I hope everyone has been enjoying this first day of 2012.  That's Kallie in the above photo, helping me out by playing at being a bookend!  Cats on tables can seem appalling to some people, but we don't eat at this table.  To protect it from the purrbabies, I keep the folding pad on it all the time.



Anyway, I hauled out all my Bibles to the living room (it's long and narrow, and the dining set that was my grandmother's sits at one end) to make a point:

What a blessing it is to spend time in God's Word, learning about Jesus The Word.  And what a privilege it is in these times to have easy access to so many translations (including via Internet sites), each translation of the Living Word speaking to us in special ways as the Holy Spirit directs.  





My grandmother's fruit bowl.  Because it's kitty-proof,
I keep it out all the time in lieu of other more fragile pretties.

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
Psalm 119:105   (KJV)


Remembering that as we fix our thoughts on Him, He fixes our thoughts.  
Bess

Linking up to Charlotte's Spiritual Sundays.  Thank you Charlotte!