Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas: Chapter Two


Today I'm sharing the only Christmas/Winter dishes I have.  The pattern is Winterberry by Pfaltzgraff.  Several years ago I purchased two place settings for my parents as an anniversary present (they were married on Dec. 21 and my dad always quipped about it being the longest night of the year).  Then the following year I bought two more place settings for my mother for Christmas so that she could use them for company, too.  I kept all the place settings when we were going through their things.

The cup has the same pattern on both front and back;
the "placemat" is actually a miniature Christmas tree skirt!

I think there are several other pieces one can buy.


Here's a vintage Santa in his red velveteen outfit.  I suppose he was my grandmother's???


The costume earrings below were my grandmother's, and the Christmas tree pin as well:



The large ornament could be used for a small cookie/candy jar;
it was part of a holiday floral arrangement I received.

"Dashing" through this post in a one-horse open computer so I can soon be reading Betsy's Wedding, all warm and cozy under my covers.

I hope you are keeping warm and cozy,
Bess


I hope to be linking this post to the following wonderful places/posts. Please go visit them, you'll be glad you did!

Sandi at Rose Chintz Cottage for Tea Time Tuesday
Martha at Martha's Favorites for Tea Cup Tuesday
Terri at Artful Affirmations for Tea Cup Tuesday
Pam at A Breath of Fresh Air for Teapot and Tea Things Tuesday
Wanda Lee at Silken Purse for Teapot and Tea Things Tuesday
Thank you, Gracious Ladies!