Sunday, December 4, 2011

A Bit of Christmas: Chapter One


Hello Dear Readers and a Big Welcome to my new Followers!

I had mulled over the idea of a larger Christmas vignette, but in the end decided I'd go with smaller displays as the spirit moved me.  The little tree was a gift from a friend; the elves were my grandmother's and I would guess they are at least 50-60 years old.  I bought the Winter/Christmas doll several years ago.  I controlled myself the first time I saw her, then decided I had to have her.  When I went back to the store, she was not where I had seen her so I thought I'd lost her.  Since the clerks were busy, I looked around and around and finally saw her (either the original or a duplicate).  Most of my dolls have been gifts, but I just had to have this one:



Isn't she lovely?



Some Christmas woodworking my family made over 20 years ago:



These are my Christmas books (I don't collect them, so only have a few):



Copyright 1992 The Hearst Corporation

With five kitties, I just don't dare leave out any pretties that aren't really sturdy or washable.  This little girl, Sweetie, takes the greatest interest in helping me and checking out anything she hasn't seen before.  She says she's not the P word (pest), but rather "quality control."  ;-)




It runs through my mind I picked up the little framed rendering of Jesus years and years ago for possibly under a dollar.  It's very beat up, but I like it.  The angel ornament was a gift from my mother:

He is the Reason for the Season!

Yes, ’tis sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just from sin and self to cease;
Just from Jesus simply taking
Life and rest, and joy and peace.
Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er;
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
Oh, for grace to trust Him more!
Louisa M.R. Stead 1882 (Verse 3)


Blessings for a wonderful week,
Bess
I hope to be linking this post to the following wonderful places/posts. Please go visit them, you'll be glad you did!

Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Beverly at How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday
Mary at Little Red House for Mosaic Monday
Cielo at The House in the Roses for Show Off Your Cottage Monday
Kathy at A Delightsome Life for A Return to Loveliness
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesday
Mary at Very Merry Vintage Style for Share the Love Wednesday
Thank you, Gracious Ladies!