Monday, September 24, 2012

This Old Cat


This is a repost from about a year ago.  I'd never republished before, so wanted to test the process on a post that I wouldn't be totally devastated over if it disappeared.  Misty says she's insulted.  She is more frail this year, but is still doing well.

Ms. M, or "Misty" on this blog, was our mother's kitty. She is the oldest by far of the five kitties that live with us (see here). We think she has to be at least 16. But she's very young at heart, loves to play with her kitty toys, and comes running anytime someone is in the kitchen (hoping for a treat) ... or the bathroom! She loves her people, but prefers any contact to be on her terms.


She was lying completely in the sun, but by the time I ran to retrieve my camera she had shifted a bit. Her fur is exceedingly soft, almost like angora. I love her sweet dusky rose pads on her paws, too, even though they look gray in these photos.



This post is for my family, especially my sister-in-law, who recently asked about the kitties on the blog. She basically wondered if they had a following. Unfortunately, no, but maybe someday they will. I don't believe I've ever had one single search on cats that has brought someone to my blog. Guess I should have named one of them Hyacinth Bucket! :o)


Blessed by another gorgeous day today,
Bess