Saturday, November 5, 2011

A Moose, Dolly, and Boxes


This grouping is normally on the floor next to my dresser in my bedroom (so you are apt to notice some cat fur, etc.).  The light is just too poor there, so I set it up in the living room.  The cup from my sister-in-law, little vase, and lamp are extras.  The wooden dolly is from my mother.  I think she purchased it in OKC:



The moose was hers:


The hankie was amongst my grandmother's things:



The small round boxes were gifts from a friend.  The others were purchased back when they were found in all the gift shops (mid-90s?):





For now I have an extra piece of furniture (maybe two) in my living room.  That's why everything is lined up, until I decide how I want the furniture arranged.  (My entire house is only 750 sq. ft.; it truly is cottage-sized!)  I used to just adore my living room; I'd say it was done in romantic cottage style. But just adding the two furniture items that I wanted to keep, plus having "the kitties" come live with me, really made a change.  Sometimes a transition period lasts a long time, but I think it's best to live with things for awhile before one starts getting rid of them.  That way there's less chance of a mistake being made and of living with regret thereafter.

Here's a sneak peek at something I was blessed to buy today from a thrift shop.  It's been there the last four times or so I've gone in, and I kept hoping it would be sold.  I certainly didn't need it.  But they lowered the price to almost a steal, and it insisted on going home with me.  (Sometimes one feels a moral obligation to give something lovely a good home.)  Until I create a tablescape with it, here is my new tea set:

The bottom identification says Noritake Nippon Toki Kaisha.
I thought that sounded like something old, but even if it
isn't, I think it's terribly sweet.

Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty;
the whole earth is full of his glory.
Isaiah 6:3

Hoping your days are suffused with loveliness (and for wonderful loveliness
be sure to visit the sites listed below),
Bess

Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Beverly at How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday
Mary at Little Red House for Mosaic Monday
Cielo at The House in the Roses for Show Off Your Cottage Monday
Kathy at A Delightsome Life for A Return to Loveliness
Sandi at Rose Chintz Cottage for Tea Time Tuesday
Martha at Martha's Favorites for Tea Cup Tuesday
Terri at Artful Affirmations for Tea Cup Tuesday
Pam at A Breath of Fresh Air for Teapot and Tea Things Tuesday
Wanda Lee at Silken Purse for Teapot and Tea Things Tuesday
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesday
Mary at Very Merry Vintage Style for Share the Love Wednesday
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Thank you, Gracious Ladies!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do).

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess