Sunday, November 27, 2011

If I Didn't Have to Work Tomorrow, I Might...



- polish more of my inherited silverplate silverware than the few pieces I use for blog photos, 



- spend a couple hours reading Victoria magazines and sipping tea, or stay in bed all morning reading a delicious book,


I haven't read The Enchanted April yet.
(And I see I grabbed a Hoffman magazine, but not Victoria.)


- go through all the family photos and organize them into envelopes so I could see just what I had of who,

My grandmother and mother in the forefront; my grandmother's sister behind them.

- sit at the piano and play through some lovely, soothing music,




- do a little beloved knitting or crochet,

A prayer shawl that's taking me forever to knit!



- wash and iron all of my grandmother's old hankies and find a prettier box in which to keep them, 


The cup is EIT English Ironstone.


- write a nice newsy letter to one or two friends, tucked inside a beautiful card,



But...




Since I do have to work at the office tomorrow, I hope to make the best of it, enjoying the day and doing what little I can to "mine ownself be true" while fulfilling my obligation to perform my duties well.  And that takes practice ... and prayer ... and singing ... and patience ... and knowing oneself.  Knowing that I can't knit a shawl tomorrow, but I can knit a couple rows; I can't read a whole book, but I can read enough to feel satisfied; and most importantly, knowing that I am so very blessed to have a job, one that is a gift from God and suits me well... 




Every now and then, though, a gal's gotta do a little daydreaming!  I think of it as just a pause that refreshes, but just in case:

Create in me a clean heart, O God;
and renew a right spirit within me.
Psalm 51:10   (KJV)

Hoping your tomorrow is splendid, wherever you are!
Bess

I hope to be linking this post to the following wonderful places/posts. Please go visit them, you'll be glad you did!

Beverly at How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday
Mary at Little Red House for Mosaic Monday
Cielo at The House in the Roses for Show Off Your Cottage Monday
Kathy at A Delightsome Life for A Return to Loveliness
Sandi at Rose Chintz Cottage for Tea Time Tuesday
Martha at Martha's Favorites for Tea Cup Tuesday
Terri at Artful Affirmations for Tea Cup Tuesday
Pam at A Breath of Fresh Air for Teapot and Tea Things Tuesday
Wanda Lee at Silken Purse for Teapot and Tea Things Tuesday
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesday
Patti & Paula at Ivy & Elephants for What's It Wednesday
Mary at Very Merry Vintage Style for Share the Love Wednesday
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Thank you, Gracious Ladies!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do).

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess