Monday, October 24, 2011

A Short Mammogram Story

Photo Credit


Last week I had my annual mammogram. It's only natural to dread the whole thing, which is one of the reasons Breast Cancer Awareness Month is so important ... to help us override the dread. Anyone undergoing such tests worries about the outcome, and many women feel real discomfort and pain during the x-ray. I am fortunate in that I have rarely felt any pain or discomfort. Another blessing for me is that it’s a brief respite from the rush of the office, and if I have to wait long in the waiting room, a chance to do some much-cherished reading. 

In fact, during one of my x-rays a few years ago, after exchanging greetings with the technician, I enthused over how I was so glad to be having a mammogram that day because it was giving me a break from the office. My technician was quiet, stared at me briefly, and then said quite seriously: “That’s just sad.”

A little humor while I wait and pray for a good mammogram report ... for me ... and for you,
Bess
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing,
in everything give thanks;
for this is the will of God
in Christ Jesus for you.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18   (NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Negative or unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do) or I might leave a joint reply on my post.

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess