Saturday, October 22, 2011

1960s Paris Knits


Today I'm sharing a fabulous book of chic knitted and crocheted fashions circa 1965.

But first, especially for the Tea Ladies:  The demitasse cup in the photos below is one of my mother's collection.  I think it is ever so sweet.  The pin was my grandmother's, and I thought it looked like it might be from the Sixties.  I crocheted the bookmark for my mother.  I suppose I should starch and block it one of these days!



This china doll is a music box that plays "Happy Birthday"; it belonged to my grandmother (on my mother's side):


Now a look at this divine book. Click on the photos to enlarge, and if a photo strip, you have to click on the "Image from ..." link to the left below the photo, and then click again to get a really good look:




Below are my favorites (the back cover is the same as the front):


There are a few more photos in the book, but the garments were on the bland side for Paris and didn't "send me."  ;-)  In the following mosaic, the itsy-bitsy teapot and the covered dish for trinkets were both dollar store purchases a few years back. Maybe cheap looking to some, but I liked their delicate appearance.  The tin was made in England, and the little fan-shaped bookmark was tatted by one of my great-aunts.  The placemat was a thrift-shop purchase.


Thanks for visiting my blog, and if you haven't already, I hope you'll visit the lovely blog parties listed below.  Their hostesses are all such kind, beautiful ladies, and you'll find so many wonderful posts!


Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Colossians 3:12

Wishing each and every one of you a great big download
of peace and serenity,
Bess

I hope to be linking this post to the following wonderful places/posts. Please go visit them, you'll be glad you did!

Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Beverly at How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday
Mary at Little Red House for Mosaic Monday
Cielo at The House in the Roses for Show Off Your Cottage Monday
Kathy at A Delightsome Life for A Return to Loveliness
Sandi at Rose Chintz Cottage for Tea Time Tuesday
Martha at Martha's Favorites for Tea Cup Tuesday
Terri at Artful Affirmations for Tea Cup Tuesday
Pam at A Breath of Fresh Air for Teapot and Tea Things Tuesday
Wanda Lee at Silken Purse for Teapot and Tea Things Tuesday
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesday
Mary at Very Merry Vintage Style for Share the Love Wednesday
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Thank you, Gracious Ladies!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do).

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess