Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Little Early


In blogland we're thinking about the beginning of autumn, and the squirrels think it's autumn, but sadly the leaves on our maple trees are acting as if it were late October here.  This is the result of the hot, hot, dry summer we had.  We did water, but as we drive around town, we can see that wasn't enough.  The heat seems to have been especially hard on the maples and evergreens.  I heard someone call it "scalding."  

At least the maples were absolutely gorgeous for the two autumns before this.  I will look at those photos and also enjoy what color does develop this year!

I so enjoyed the many lovely posts and tributes I read this weekend.

Hoping you have a very beautiful and colorful autumn in your neck of the woods,
Bess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Negative or unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do) or I might leave a joint reply on my post.

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess