Saturday, August 20, 2011

Preparing for an Engagement




Today I'm sharing this 48-page booklet written by Colette that I found among my mother's things.  The copyright is 1943.  The evening bag and gloves were also my mother's; the hankie, vase, and rose pin were her mother's (who crocheted the placemat); and the pearls were a gift to me from my mother (I think).  If you click on the photos, hopefully you'll be able to read the pages that I've "captured."  I just chose a few at random to give you the idea.












Last page.  The back cover is solid pink.



I'm linking up to:


Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Beverly at How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday
Thank you, Wonderful Ladies!


Before a young woman’s turn came to go in to King Xerxes, she had to complete twelve months of beauty treatments prescribed for the women,
six months with oil of myrrh
and six with perfumes and cosmetics.
Esther 2:12

Thankful for "Le No Make-up" look, myself!  (But then I don't have to save a nation like Esther did; of course, she was as brave as she was beautiful.)
Bess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Negative or unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do) or I might leave a joint reply on my post.

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess