Friday, August 26, 2011

A Couple Things on My Heart Today

Hello Dear Readers,

Just wanted to say that if anyone wants to know more about becoming a Christian, or wants a boost of encouragement as a Christian, Joyce Meyer had an excellent program this morning.  You can view it on joycemeyer(dot)org, if you'd like.  The date would be 8/26/2011.

Also, I'm a little disheartened by what I had read on the Internet about the East Coast earthquake.  I'm going to get "preachy" for just a moment, but when did we get so mean-spirited?  If I felt an earthquake like that (which I never have yet), I know I would be very frightened.  And I wouldn't think less of myself for it.  Let's remember to be kind ... the very persons we mock could be standing by our sides lending a hand (or saying a prayer) when we face our own trials or disaster.  Sermon over.

My thoughts and prayers are with the people along the East Coast and in the path of Hurricane Irene. 

Thank you for praying too,
Bess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do).

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess