Sunday, August 14, 2011

Breakfast Time!



These dishes were my grandmother's (on my mother's side), and she called them her "breakfast set."  If there were once cereal bowls in the set, they've apparently been broken.


The tie-quilt was made by an acquaintance.  She often makes a quilt in a day!  It has no batting and is perfect for a light coverlet in the warmer months, or as a tablecloth.  Please forgive me for not pressing it ... spare time is so precious and one has to prioritize!



This is an experiment.  I won't know if we can read what the flatware says until the post is published and I click to enlarge the photo.  It is Wm. Rogers IS (International Silver) silverplate.  The design is very simple and reminds me of Art Deco.  This flatware belonged to my father's mother.  (The dishes are Rhapsody by Taylorton.)




(Guess it didn't work!)

These wine glasses were my mother's.  She had registered for them as wedding presents, and she would later detest them and ask herself what in the world she was thinking!  But can you see the rooster head?  They are perfect for fruit cups or juice with breakfast.


The books are all devotionals published by Honor Books (1996 and 2004).  As you can see, the "Quiet Moments with God" series has two other titles as well.  Maybe there are more by now.  I like to read from a devotional every evening.  I keep my favorites and donate others.  It's been awhile since I've read these three, so I will have to put them in line for rereading!



I've shown this little teacup-sized dollie before here ("Journal Love").  She barely cost a cent, and I couldn't resist the little thing!



Thank you for letting me share my breakfast table with you!

Jesus said, "Breakfast is ready." Not one of the disciples dared ask, "Who are you?"
They knew it was the Master.
John 21:12   (The Message)

Blessed to be blogging,
Bess

I hope to be linking this post to the following wonderful places/posts. Please go visit them, you'll be glad you did!




Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Beverly at How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday
Mary at Little Red House for Mosaic Monday
Cielo at The House in the Roses for Show Off Your Cottage Monday
Kathy at A Delightsome Life for A Return to Loveliness
Sandi at Rose Chintz Cottage for Tea Time Tuesday
Martha at Martha's Favorites for Tea Cup Tuesday
Terri at Artful Affirmations for Tea Cup Tuesday
Pam at A Breath of Fresh Air for Teapot and Tea Things Tuesday
Wanda Lee at Silken Purse for Teapot and Tea Things Tuesday
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesday
Mary at Very Merry Vintage Style for Share the Love Wednesday
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Thank you, Gracious Ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do).

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess