Sunday, June 5, 2011

Dreamy, Creamy White


This week I'm joining Cielo at The House in the Roses for Show Off Your Cottage Monday.  The theme she chose for this week was "anything white."  I don't have a ton of all-white dishes, and the better part of what I have is part of my tablescape.

Would you like tea or coffee:

My mother made the ceramic tea set for me in 1982.  She gave me
the coffee set several years ago also, but it has no markings.

My kind, sweet, pretty sister-in-law gave me the Mother and Child dollies:


Mama Doll came with a pretty hat.  I keep her on a
protected corner of my bedroom dresser, but one day her
hat disappeared.  I'm sure it's behind the dresser (which is far
too heavy for me to move), but as yet, the kitties haven't confessed ...
and I don't encourage their tattling on each other, but sometimes they do!


This lavendar plate belonged to my grandmother (or perhaps even my great-grandmother).  I will have to do some research on it:





The place setting below is another one of the Romance series by Royal Doulton that belonged to my mother (I showed the first place setting here).  The pattern is white on creamy white, so I hope you can see it:


(I must have a dirty lense on my camera because
the same two spots show up on any light backgrounds.
I tried to crop most of it out.)

I think the very first Victoria book I bought for myself was At Home with White (you can see my and my mother's Victoria books here).  It's still one of my favorites:


My grandmother gave me the little white Bride doll shortly after I was married.  Alas, the marriage didn't last forever, but the doll is still lovely.  She is a belle, but also a bell!  I've always thought she was so sweet (and she has a lovely tone, too):


She is stamped on the back with "Gra193" and a year that is
unreadable.  Do you collect bells?  At one time I intended to,
but have only wound up with a very few.




Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.
Psalm 51:7

Thanks again to Cielo, and I will be joining some other parties also (see links below).  And a big thanks to all of you, my readers.  I continue to keep you in my prayers.

So grateful for my family ... and you,
Bess

I hope to be linking this post to the following wonderful places/posts. Please go visit them, you'll be glad you did!

Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Beverly at How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday (because Mama
Doll has a pink bow in her hair!)
Mary at Little Red House for Mosaic Monday
Cielo at The House in the Roses for Show Off Your Cottage Monday
Kathy at A Delightsome Life for A Return to Loveliness
Sandi at Rose Chintz Cottage for Tea Time Tuesday
Martha at Martha's Favorites for Tea Cup Tuesday
Terri at Artful Affirmations for Tea Cup Tuesday
Pam at A Breath of Fresh Air for Teapot and Tea Things Tuesday
Wanda Lee at Silken Purse for Teapot and Tea Things Tuesday
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesday
Mary at Very Merry Vintage Style for Share the Love Wednesday
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Thank you, Gracious Ladies!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do).

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess