Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Book: How to Have a Fabulous Life

First of all, just a warning:  According to a comment on Amazon, this is the exact same book as Due to Rising Energy Costs, the Light at the End of the Tunnel Has Been Turned Off.  So if you already own or have read one, you may have the other as well.

I've read three of Karen Scalf Linamen's books and enjoy her lighthearted, often humorous voice in her writing.  In How to Have a Fabulous Life, she gives examples of poor thinking traps and then better ways to think about situations.  I'm always on the lookout for reinforcement in this area, in addition to reading my Bible.

And Linamen admits she's working on all the things she suggests, herself.  One thing she does when negativity has her in its grip, and nothing else is working to break free, is to think of how others (family, friends, etc.) are being blessed and to begin to thank God for each of those blessings bestowed upon her loved ones. 

Of course, my "go to" knock-negative-thoughts-out-of-my-mind method is singing hymns and worship songs silently to myself.  But I'm going to add her idea(s) to my arsenal, too (like employing the "inner grandmother" technique: talking to oneself with sweet, soothing, encouraging words).

This book is a pleasant, easy read and priced right.

Hope you are enjoying a pleasant spring day in
your neck of the woods,
Bess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do).

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess