Sunday, May 29, 2011

Adams Demitasse Coffee Set

(Click on photos two times for a closer look.)

We traveled to Canada several times when I was growing up.  On a trip to Fort Frances, Ontario in the 1960s, my mother purchased this demitasse coffee set from the gift shop at the Rainy Lake Hotel (which had great pancakes as I recall).  She had service for eight, but I sent half to the estate auction.  I remember her saying the cups were especially for Irish coffee, but I suspect only non-alcoholic coffee saw the inside of those cups.


The lower right photo shows the back of the cup.

The doily/placemat used to be on the little blue table I've shown
in previous posts and was in my grandmother's bathroom.


The dolly was a gift from my mother.

Below is the painting done by my grandfather (on my mother's side) that hangs above the little buffet.  The subject isn't anyone we knew.  It was probably for a class or advertisement proposal.  (I previously posted a watercolor he did here.)

This shelf in an old cupboard in my living room is
where most of the dollies stay.

Just a short post today so that I'm not in front of the computer all weekend! :o)

This is the day the Lord has made;
Let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalm 118:24

Thanks for visiting and enjoy your holiday!
Bess

I may be linking this post to the following wonderful posts. Please go visit them, you'll be glad you did!

Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Beverly at How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday
Lisa at The Army Chaplain's Wife for Simply Saturday
Mary at Little Red House for Mosaic Monday
Cielo at The House in the Roses for Show Off Your Cottage Monday
Kathy at A Delightsome Life for A Return to Loveliness
Sandi at Rose Chintz Cottage for Tea Time Tuesday
Martha at Martha's Favorites for Tea Cup Tuesday
Terri at Artful Affirmations for Tea Cup Tuesday
Pam at A Breath of Fresh Air for Teapot and Tea Things Tuesday
Wanda Lee at Silken Purse for Teapot and Tea Things Tuesday
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesday
Mary at Very Merry Vintage Style for Share the Love Wednesday
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Thank you, Gracious Ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Negative or unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do) or I might leave a joint reply on my post.

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess