Sunday, April 10, 2011

Romance

In the Spring a young man's fancy lightly turns to thoughts of love.  Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Don't forget to click two times to get a better look at the hankie.

Today, among other things, I'm sharing a teacup that was my mother's, along with the hankie she carried at her wedding.  It was her "something blue."  The teacup is newer and was "Made in China."  I like the shade of blue of the flowers on it.  Cornflowers?


The brooch was my grandmother's, and she also crocheted the placemat.  The little bead choker is mine from the early 70s!  Do you remember the inexpensive chokers that were made from grosgrain ribbon or velvet ribbon?  This little choker, I believe, is the only one I still have from those days.  The photo below is of my mother and father on their wedding day (they were married in the wintertime in the late 1940s).  They are both deceased now, but they celebrated their romance and were madly in love with each other to the end.


This book is a beautiful book, chock-full of ideas, photos, and recipes.  I only wish some of the photos were larger:

Barbara Taylor Bradford's Living Romantically Every Day

Another dolly has joined us today.  She's pouting because she's afraid I'll forget to share about her favorite china pattern!  


Somewhere along the way, my mother purchased Royal Doulton place settings (only the dinner plate, cup and saucer), one set each of eight different patterns.  (I kept six, which I hope to share with you as we go along.)  This pattern, "Michelle," is from The Romance Collection:



There now.  And I just know Dolly will be in a better mood when she stops to Count Her Blessings and Celebrate Life!

Just something extra thrown into the mix!

I also wanted to share that I think Aunt Ruthie at Sugar Pie Farmhouse has an especially great post this time.  You can enjoy it here.  If the link doesn't go to the correct post, it's the March 27 entry and she lists ten steps to a happier heart and home.  Thank you, Aunt Ruthie!

Finally, in the interest of "full disclosure," I want to confess let you know that although I have inherited some pretty things, my house itself isn't very pretty these days.  Most things I keep put away for the sake of preserving them.  Speaking of which! :o)  Either Wednesday or Thursday evening I hope to post photos of the kitties, so I hope you'll check back then! (They say they protest the implication of this paragraph.)

Delight yourself also in the LORD,
         And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
Psalm 37:4   (NKJV)

Life is a gift to enjoy, and we can celebrate the beauty of romance whether we're "involved" in one or not!
Bess

I am linking this post to:

Mary at Little Red House for Mosaic Monday
Cielo at The House in the Roses for Show Off Your Cottage Monday
Kathy at A Delightsome Life for A Return to Loveliness
Sandi at Rose Chintz Cottage for Tea Time Tuesday
Martha at Martha's Favorites for Tea Cup Tuesday
Terri at Artful Affirmations for Tea Cup Tuesday
Pam at A Breath of Fresh Air for Teapot and Tea Things Tuesday
Wanda Lee at Silken Purse for Teapot and Tea Things Tuesday

Thank you, Kind Ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Negative or unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do) or I might leave a joint reply on my post.

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess