Sunday, April 3, 2011

Red Wing Pottery Tea Set

Each piece is hand-painted on both sides with the same design.

As promised in my last post, here are some photos of my grandmother's tea set.  I did a little research and the set is Orleans Provincial produced by Red Wing Pottery of Red Wing, Minnesota from 1941-1950.  My grandmother was born in 1898, so she was probably in her 40s when she acquired this tea set.  


Grandma is the one sitting down; she was the youngest of the three girls.  I've always loved this photo and the notecard, too.  I can just picture the three sisters in their dresses playing in the yard (although their home was a two-story farmhouse instead of a Victorian).

Here's a closeup of the teapot and logo:


Below is my grandmother's jewelry box, filled with costume jewelry.  The little red "box" in the middle is her manicure set.

Wish I hadn't set the teapot on the little floral box, but it's too late now!


This little dolly given to me by my mother insisted on being in some photos, too:


To finish up, I added some books to the vignette:

These books were from my mother.
I enjoyed sharing a little about my grandmother (my mother's mother) with you.  She lived to be 90, and needless to say, was very dear to me.  But as much fun as it is to have some inherited trinkets, let's remember:

Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.
Colossians 3:1,2

Grateful for the return of a little sunshine,
Bess

I plan on linking this post to:

Beverly at How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday
Mary at Little Red House for Mosaic Monday
Cielo at The House in the Roses for Show Off Your Cottage Monday
Kathy at A Delightsome Life for A Return to Loveliness
Sandi at Rose Chintz Cottage for Tea Time Tuesday
Pam at A Breath of Fresh Air for Teapot and Tea Things Tuesday
Wanda Lee at Silken Purse for Teapot and Tea Things Tuesday
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesday
Thank you, Gracious Ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Negative or unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do) or I might leave a joint reply on my post.

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess