Sunday, April 24, 2011

Home Is Where My Heart Is

Fridge magnets, most from calendars.

For me there is really no comparison between working at my place of employment and being at home.  Home wins hands down.  I love being at home.  Perhaps I am old-fashioned, but apparently not alone.  There seem to be so many blogs by women who are enjoying life without working outside the home. 

There was a meme going around a few years ago and one of the items was to list four places I would rather be right then.  I responded with the word “Home” for the first three blanks.  I was on a break at work, but I would have answered the same way no matter where I had been.

I have told friends more than once that I would give up the next few years of my life to be retired.  Of course, I’d want to add on the years at that point, but still, that is a pretty drastic sentiment.  But to me retirement represents those years when I will finally be able to be at home as much as I want to be now. 

I look forward to that happy time when I have even more hours to occupy myself with activity and endeavors satisfying to my soul.  Some people dread retirement, but for me...“Oh, what a day of rejoicing that will be!”

Being at home brings me deep satisfaction.  In the winter, when the afternoon golden sunlight shines through my south windows, I am totally enamored with the beauty and serenity created.  I like to sit on my living room couch and just take it all in.  It’s more than ambience; it is palpable peace and contentment.  In the summer, the evening sun streams in my bedroom from north and west windows, encouraging me to find a variety of reasons to tarry there.

Sorry for the poor quality of the photos; the light wasn't good,
plus my ability to focus seemed to be impaired!!! 
But to me the magnets depict "HOME."

Everything I do in my home somehow seems like an act of worship.  Fixing a meal, doing laundry, choosing which CD to listen to, playing the piano, writing, reading ...  It all says this is who I am; thanks be to the God who made me.  I guess that is the very reason I adore home so much.  Home is where I am the essence of me, with all the passions and attributes God chose specifically for me given free rein.  

We can be absolutely certain that our heavenly home will provide that same experience at least a thousand times more. :-)

By the way, below is what I have to do to keep flowers away from the kitties (see previous post).  And even then ...

(Tall chest in my bedroom)

Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.
John 14:1-3

Our heavenly home is going to be awesome!
Bess

I plan on linking this post to:

Mary at Little Red House for Mosaic Monday
Cielo at The House in the Roses for Show Off Your Cottage Monday
Kathy at A Delightsome Life for A Return to Loveliness
Sandi at Rose Chintz Cottage for Tea Time Tuesday (because there
is a blurry teacup on the Bee Happy fridge magnet, and
maybe one or two on the "Love the Lord" magnet)

Thank you, Ladies, for your hospitality!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do).

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess