Friday, March 11, 2011

My New Toy

Hello Friends!

My new little Kodak Easyshare C143 arrived, so I have been taking some photos and then deleting most of them!  Hopefully I will improve.  I still don't think it's going to take outstanding close-ups, but I can see it's definitely an improvement over the old camera (see example here).  Below is my tea table that sits in my tiny hallway.  (I keep it covered now to protect it from the kitties, but sometime I'll snap it uncovered for you.)



The photo is my mother as a toddler.

The next photo includes the painting over the table.  It is a watercolor of my mother and a friend on the shore of Lake Michigan.  Her father (my grandfather) was a professional artist, who unfortunately died in his late 40s.


Below you'll see the pretties in my hutch.  It's from a dining room set that belonged to my grandmother, and most of the contents belonged to her also.  I have been their steward since 1988. 


And finally, a photo of my main thimble collection.  (I see the glass needs cleaning!)  I began collecting thimbles in the 1970s; most were given to me as gifts.  You can click on the photo for a closer look.  The two larger sterling silver thimbles between the Precious Moments figure and the coffee pot thimble belonged one each to two of my great aunts.  There was a third one that would have belonged to my grandmother, but it was never found.  The little sterling thimble between them was a gift from a friend.  It reads "For a Good Girl" and is very old also.



That's all for this post.  Since each photo contains some pink, and even a little green, I'm linking to Beverly's Pink Saturday.

Looking forward to sharing better photos of my pretties with you, along with more of my writings!

Be back soon,
Bess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do).

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess