Sunday, March 27, 2011

Books by Victoria Magazine


Today I thought I'd share the books I own that were edited by Victoria Magazine.  (There are too many to take staged snaps of all of them for this post.  I have twenty-three, and I'm sure many of you have more than that!)  A few were my mother's, a couple I "earned" from points from a book club I used to belong to, and the rest I've purchased. 


I suppose it's almost blasphemous to admit I'm not much into books on Christmas decorating, so that's why I only have The Heart of Christmas that belonged to my mother.  (After her passing, I even sent two copies of Tasha Tudor's Take Joy to auction!  And yes, I sometimes regret I didn't keep a copy.)  Otherwise, I pretty much have the Victoria books I most wanted, but someday I might pick up the ones that involve crafts and sewing.


The only Victoria book I've purchased that I was somewhat disappointed with was The Pleasures of Staying in Touch.  I expected it would also contain photos of desks, writing paraphernalia and papers, writing nooks, etc., instead of being solely a narrative on how to write various kinds of letters.  At least I bought it for a song, and I do like the cover and contents save for the lack of photos of gorgeous vignettes. 
 

The closet shelf where I now keep my Victoria books
so that they stay safe from the kitties.  I have Romantic Country Style, also,
but it is safe in a stack of red-spined books beneath my alarm clock.
About the kitties:  They see the direction the tone of this blog is taking.  They are seeking an attorney to determine if they have a case against me for libel, slander, and defamation of character ... and also for dereliction of duty for not retrieving their cat toys from underneath the couch on a frequent enough basis.  I fear they are preparing their attack case, which is probably why they refuse to pose for photographs.  I heard them muttering something about mugshots.  Someday, however, the camera and I will prevail!

In the meantime, I'm thinking that reading beautiful books and magazines is another way to displace our negative thoughts!

Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.  Praise the Lord!
Psalm 150:6

"Praising my Savior all the day long,"
 Bess

I plan on linking this post to:
Cielo at The House in the Roses for Show Off Your Cottage Monday
Mary at Little Red House for Mosaic Monday
Kathy at A Delightsome Life for A Return to Loveliness
Sandi at Rose Chintz Cottage for Tea Time Tuesday
Martha at Martha's Favorites for Tea Cup Tuesday
Terri at Artful Affirmations for Tea Cup Tuesday
Thank You, Ladies!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Negative or unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do) or I might leave a joint reply on my post.

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess