Saturday, January 1, 2011

Enjoying Everyday Life (A TV Program with Joyce Meyer)




In 2005, after a routine surgery, I spent a couple of days in ICU while my heart settled down.  It was during that hospital stay, while flipping through channels, that I came across Joyce Meyer's TV show.  (It may have been called Life in the Word then.  I'm not sure when she renamed it.)  I'd read some of her books by then, but had never seen her TV program because I didn't have cable at home.

I was very pleasantly amazed!  I laughed out loud more than when I watched any sitcom ...  she had a fun sense of humor and told stories I could identify with.  At other times what she had to say moved me to tears.  I discovered that Joyce Meyer is a wonderful speaker and Bible teacher ... even better than in her books, which I think are often very good in themselves.

I am not associated with Joyce Meyer in any way whatsoever, but I just wanted to share that I think there are very few people that wouldn't benefit from watching her program.  She truly has received a gift from God in communication, writing and speaking at a level easily understandable.  And she's a practical Bible teacher ... meaning she not only tells what the Bible says, but she tells how we can use biblical truths to improve our lives.  So she shares not only what to do, but often shares how to do it. 

I finally hooked onto cable three years ago, but since her program came on at 5 or 5:30AM, my getting up early enough to watch it was very hit and miss.  But eventually she turned up on Discovery at 8AM Eastern, 7AM Central, which was doable for me, and I've tried to watch her program faithfully ever since.

Of course, not every individual Joyce Meyer program is going to speak to our hearts in a big way, but it's like what they say about going to a new church:  Try it three times (at least) before you decide it's not for you.  You can also catch up on past shows (or ones you miss) at joycemeyer.org.  I think you'll learn much.  She speaks on a variety of topics, and you can check out her upcoming topics on her website.

Anyway, watching Joyce Meyer and reading her books has been very helpful to me in my quest to overcome negative thinking, so it's my hope you might find her helpful, too.  And of course, most important, let's not neglect to read our Bibles firsthand!

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves
receive from God.
2 Corinthians 1:3,4

Rereading Battlefield of the Mind
and still finding it helpful,
Bess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Negative or unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do) or I might leave a joint reply on my post.

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess