Sunday, December 19, 2010

If You're in a Bad Mood, Have a Cup of Tea


"Tea is wealth itself, because there is nothing that cannot be lost, no problem that will not disappear, no burden that will not float away, between the first sip and the last."
The Minister of Leaves

I don't know who "The Minister of Leaves" is, but I wholeheartedly agree with his sentiment about tea.  Just the act of brewing a nice hot cup of tea, then enjoying drinking the nectar slowly and mindfully, interjects such a pleasant moment of repose into my day. 

As a bonus, it's very likely that whatever negative thoughts I was turning over in my mind before preparing my cup of tea will have wafted away by the time my cup is empty.

There must be hundreds of wonderful flavors and numerous types of tea available.  I prefer to go caffeine free, so I particularly enjoy Bigelow's Mint Medley (actually an herbal tea, but readily available in my small town). 

While the water is coming to a boil, I open the teabag wrapper and with a couple of deep breaths, I draw in the tea's soothing minty aroma.  My mind and body relax, and a peaceful feeling immediately follows.  Once the tea has steeped, I lean back on the couch, put my feet up, and just drink in the blessed sweetness of life.

The simple act of having a cup of tea can help put us in a more positive frame of mind.  Think I'll enjoy a cup now!  Care to join me?

"...the Lord turn his face toward you
   and give you peace."
Numbers 6:26

Praying you have a great Monday,
Bess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do).

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess