Sunday, November 21, 2010

Let Me Make It Perfectly Clear

When I write about replacing negative thoughts with positive ones, I'm not advocating living in denial, or being delusional, or shirking our responsibilities.  Or not taking the necessary time to mourn and grieve over a loss.  Neither do I think we should spend our days in wishful thinking trying to attract something.  If we want something, we should talk to God about it and dwell on Him, not the thing we desire, leaving the matter in His capable Hands to determine as He wills and directs.

But if our negative thinking has taken over our minds, adversely affecting our health, attitude and mood, there are ways to train ourselves to little by little replace those negative thoughts with positive, productive, loving and beneficial thoughts.  It is so worth the effort.

"May the words of my mouth
      and the meditation of my heart
   be pleasing to you,
      O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.
"
Psalm 19:14   (NLT)

Learning to live on the bright side,
Bess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Readers, comments are moderated. Unkind comments will be read but not published.

If I have a reply, I will leave it below your comment (as opposed to going to your own blog, which I cannot always do).

Sorry for the rules, but after years of blogging I find them helpful. However, I am very grateful for all my lovely visitors!

May God richly bless you,
Bess