Friday, April 4, 2014

Sunshine Sandwich


We are enjoying a lone sunny day sandwiched between very dreary, cloudy days (or so the experts are predicting and so far they've been correct). And thankfully, it's a day without wind so that I can hang on to my balloons! 


The colors aren't true. :o(

I am trying to teach myself how to watercolor paint. I did the balloons on the fly and before reading up on the how-to. At least I'll have a "before" sample. I did make a balloon pattern to simplify matters. I suppose that's cheating? Ah well, I just want to have fun with the process, however meager.



I think I tried at least five times to get a photo of Sweetie, my black and white kitty, but she was having none of it. Then Baby joined the group and was willing to focus long enough to capture her in the afternoon sunshine.


There is surely a future hope for you,
and your hope will not be cut off.
Proverbs 23:18

"Faith is a decision that we make about where we put our trust."
Joyce Meyer

Learning to focus on Jesus ... and the sunshine,
Bess

4 comments:

  1. I like your balloons.I have always thought it would be fun to learn to paint with watercolors.
    I have looked back at some of your older posts. I try to sing to myself now when I am anxious or discouraged, too.
    Dianne L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, Dianne! I hope singing will be a help to you! It's mentioned so much in the Bible as a source we can use for comfort and communion with God. In one of my posts I do mention that the one time it doesn't work for me at night is when I've just plain had too much sleep and am wide awake. I mean, I can still sing but I won't fall right to sleep. So then I usually sit up in bed and read until I am tired enough to sleep. Thanks for reading my blog. Praying God showers you and yours with many blessings, Bess

      Delete
  2. Your paintings are so pretty, Bess. Well done! I think you really don't learn until you try so kudos to you for actually doing something you've wanted to do. There's lots I want to make, bake, fix, etc. but it's funny...if you don't actually make a start, nothing gets done, lol!

    Sweet kitty pics, too. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bess,

    Your debut in water colours is very pretty; love the shades of lavender, purple, plum and blue. I've been wanting to start painting, myself, and when I return to the island, I hope to be inspired by spring blooms and begin my adventure.

    Sweetie and Baby must enjoy watching you in action and I'm sure they would make lovely models, although you might have to snap a pic in order to paint their portraits!;))

    Happy Easter!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! One of my goals for this blog is to leave readers feeling a little bit better about life and themselves. I look forward to hearing from you, and May God Richly Bless You. Bess