Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Great Interventionist


Beautiful calendar from Megan at
Lilac & Lavender!

Don't you just appreciate God and what He does for you?! As I look back over my sixty years, I see so many times when I didn't get what I thought I wanted. Yet now I can give tremendous praise and thanks to God for not giving me the very things I thought I just had to have. 

With some of my goals/hopes/desires/wants, it's taken years to realize God was right all along, and that He helped steer my course. But fortunately, sometimes I realize God's wise intervention much sooner. For example, somehow this winter I became ... well ... addicted ... to peanuts. They were something I could have that wasn't full of sugar, AND they tasted good.  But as I put away another new can of peanuts, I'd shake my head at the thought I had gone through one can in a week, and then I was going through more than that. Do you know how many calories that is?! Oh my. I really needed to cut back, but ....

Then about ten days ago, I got what I assume was a peanut stuck in what I assume is my mild hiatal hernia. Oh my again. And I haven't touched a peanut since. Divine intervention and direction ... in this particular case, somewhat like a lesson from Nanny McPhee! Lesson learned and addiction over. Well, I hope it is at least.  Some people might not believe that God cares about such trivial matters, but I believe He does.

And even with the big things in life such as career choices where we keep on running into so many closed doors our noses grow flatter, that can be God trying to get us to listen to Him and think things through. Is that career really, truly for me? Or is the Good Lord trying to tell me something, if I'd only pay attention? I know of the sentiment "Never Give Up," but sometimes I think God is trying to tell us there's something better, and we need to apply our efforts to finding out and switching over to what He really wants us to do.

God is so wise, and thankfully, He's merciful and patient as well.  I'm so grateful for His intervention in my life. Father really does know best.

As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Isaiah 55:9

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6  NKJV

And we know that all things work together for good
to those who love God, who have been called
according to his purpose.
Romans 8:28

I believe God is still on His throne directing our lives, answering prayer, and intervening as He sees fit.  And that brings me much comfort.

More lovely work from Megan at
Lilac & Lavender.

Looking forward to the weekend!
Bess



1 comment:

  1. Hello Bess ~ thank you for sharing my artwork :) I also think God gives us hints of His plans. If we ignore them, it just means we sometimes learn "the hard way," or it takes longer for us to get to where we were meant to be all along. Nice message!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! One of my goals for this blog is to leave readers feeling a little bit better about life and themselves. I look forward to hearing from you, and May God Richly Bless You. Bess