Saturday, February 11, 2012

Hearts, Roses, and Tea


Welcome Readers!  Today I'm sharing a Valentine's Day Tea.  Lots of photos, so please pull up a chair to my tea table and enjoy!


My tablecloth today is this cute heart quilt made by a friend's daughter.  You can see another of her quilts here.  Below are some more photos of the quilt:

Someone else wants a closer look.


I love the patterns and colors and shapes:





I am using some sweet hankies as napkins:




This is the pretty tea set I bought at a thrift store a short while ago. The bottom says Noritake Nippon Toki KaishaI tried to resist, but now I'm glad I gave in...






I'm so sorry!  I haven't offered you any refreshment yet!  I think I'll use my mother's pretty heart-shaped dish made by Mikasa.  Help yourself to a napkin first:


I think this ring holder makes a cute little candy dish:






I hope you've enjoyed this Valentine's Day Tea!  There is still some left, so feel free to stay awhile and sip another cup!  The golden elixir below is Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime Vanilla Herbal Tea (I drink it any time of the day).


Since I'm celebrating Valentine's Day, I feel like singing a little love song:

All to Jesus I surrender;
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
In His presence daily live.

I surrender all,
I surrender all;
All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
I surrender all.
Judson W. Van DeVenter  1896  PD


Happy Valentine's Day!
Bess

I hope to be linking this post to the following wonderful places/posts. Please go visit them, you'll be glad you did!


Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Beverly at How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday
Charlotte for Spiritual Sundays
Mary at Little Red House for Mosaic Monday
Cielo at The House in the Roses for Show Off Your Cottage Monday
Kathy at A Delightsome Life for A Return to Loveliness
Sandi at Rose Chintz Cottage for Tea Time Tuesday
Martha at Martha's Favorites for Tea Cup Tuesday
Terri at Artful Affirmations for Tea Cup Tuesday
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesday
Mary at Very Merry Vintage Style for Share the Love Wednesday
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Bernideen at Bernideen's Tea Time Blog for Friends Sharing Tea
Thank you, Gracious Ladies!