Friday, January 20, 2012

Pottery Demitasse Cup


Happy Friday Evening!

At least in my little part of the world, it's Friday evening and the start to my weekend!  Hurray for weekends! This demi was part of my mother's collection and was obviously (when viewed up close) made by an individual, and handpainted.  Well, made by one M. A. Hadley, to be exact.  I don't know who she was, but possibly a friend of my grandmother's.  (Edited to add that I didn't realize there was a Hadley Pottery company when I posted this, so I doubt Ms. Hadley was a friend.)  Mom once mentioned that as a young wife she had to stop relaying that she collected demitasse cups because she was getting more than enough to suit her.  I think I kept seventeen, and a few others went to my sister-in-law.  Just a "nice size" collection.

I received the sleigh figurine, oh goodness, must be over
thirty years ago.  It came with a bottle of Red Door fragrance by Elizabeth Arden.
I still like Red Door (and the figurine, too)! 


The Winter devotional, below, is from a series written by Vonette Zachary Bright.  She co-founded Campus Crusade in the early 1950s with her husband, Bill Bright (who is now deceased, I believe).  There is a book for each season and every one is filled with wisdom, encouragement, and common sense. These devotionals are definitely keepers for me.





















My silly large glass of bookmarks I collect that didn't wind up in the full shots. I now also make bookmarks from cards I receive if there's a pretty section on the card that is suitable.  They vary in size, but in that way I get a sweet memento without having to save all the cards.  I recently realized I need to write the names of the cardgivers on the backs of my bookmarks, because one forgets-- even when she thinks she won't!






























I've been singing (to myself) this great and timeless classic by Fanny Crosby lately:

To God be the glory,
great things he hath done!
So loved he the world
that he gave us his Son,
who yielded his life an atonement for sin,
and opened the life gate that all may go in.
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord,
let the earth hear his voice!
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord,
let the people rejoice!
O come to the Father through Jesus the Son,
and give him the glory, great things he hath done!

Well Dear Ones, off to watch a Mapp and Lucia episode on Netflix.  Have only seen the first two, but I think they are wonderful!  I so hope you have a great weekend, and later this week I hope to have a post to join Sandi at Rose Chintz Cottage for her Tea Time Tuesday's Second Anniversary Party.  Her theme is roses.  It should be lovely!

Bess


I hope to be linking this post to the following wonderful places/posts. Please go visit them, you'll be glad you did!

Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Charlotte for Spiritual Sundays
Thank you, Ladies!