Sunday, December 18, 2011

A Christmas Wedding



Were they living, my darling parents would have celebrated their 63rd wedding anniversary on Wednesday.  I've always loved their wedding photos: Their Christmastime wedding was so elegant and sophisticated.  I only scanned a few for this post.  Perhaps I'll post more another time.  I've forgotten what color the bridesmaids' dresses were ... surely red or green?

My mother's father was a professional artist and worked in advertising.

The happy couple (my father looks so young in this photo!):


Admiring the "rock":


Cutting the cake:



So from my house to yours, this Christmas I wish you ... Peace:


Love:


Joy:



I dedicate this post to my wonderful family:  All my love to each and every precious one of you, in-laws included! Oh ... and Happy Anniversary, Mom and Dad!



And to you, Dear Readers and Followers, and to the owners of the wonderful blogs I read, have a very Merry Christmas and an outrageously blessed 2012. I'll be taking a holiday break and will be back sometime in January. Until then, remember:

For God so loved the world
that he gave his one and only Son,
that whoever believes in him
shall not perish but have eternal life.
John 3:16

Happy Birthday, Lord Jesus!
Bess


I hope to be linking this post to the following wonderful places/posts. Please go visit them, you'll be glad you did!

Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Debra at Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday
Beverly at How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday
Mary at Little Red House for Mosaic Monday
Cielo at The House in the Roses for Show Off Your Cottage Monday
Kathy at A Delightsome Life for A Return to Loveliness
Sandi at Rose Chintz Cottage for Tea Time Tuesday
Martha at Martha's Favorites for Tea Cup Tuesday
Terri at Artful Affirmations for Tea Cup Tuesday
Pam at A Breath of Fresh Air for Teapot and Tea Things Tuesday
Wanda Lee at Silken Purse for Teapot and Tea Things Tuesday
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesday
Mary at Very Merry Vintage Style for Share the Love Wednesday
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Merry Christmas Gracious Ladies!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing these beautiful photos of your parents' wedding!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! One of my goals for this blog is to leave readers feeling a little bit better about life and themselves. I look forward to hearing from you, and May God Richly Bless You. Bess