Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas Primitives


We didn't have our promised sunshine yesterday, and today was even darker, so these photos were taken with the flash. As I have mentioned before, my family did a lot of woodworking years ago. I would have painted all these Santas around 1989.  Below are some Santas we made (painted by moi) for hanging on doors or walls:



There were actually three designs, but I seem to have wound up with only two designs, and two renderings of the same one. It was always fun to see how the different pieces of wood were going to take the paint and stain. The black outline was simply permanent marker. Below are some large free-standing Santas:



We used to make the cutest Santa with moveable arms and legs that sat on the sleigh with his tree. Sadly, I don't seem to have one now.


The smaller free-standing Santas, and some trees:



A Christmas horse as shown in my first Christmas post (some of the pieces have cracked):


Here's a comparison of the fronts:



To the backs:





Finally, the little Coca Cola Bears were perturbed that they weren't included in my previous post. They say who wants to read a story about bunnies! They've found a wonderful story about a Christmas teddy bear:



Hope you've enjoyed seeing the decorative Christmas wood primitives my family used to make.  We made loads of different items, pull toys, rocking horses, bears, chairs, etc.; alas, I only have a small portion of them. But I'm so happy to share what I do have with you, my dear readers!

I sing because I'm happy, I sing because I'm free,
for His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.
Civilla D. Martin  1905

Hope your week is filled with much merriment,
Bess

I hope to be linking this post to the following wonderful places/posts. Please go visit them, you'll be glad you did!

Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Beverly at How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday
Mary at Little Red House for Mosaic Monday
Cielo at The House in the Roses for Show Off Your Cottage Monday
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesday
Mary at Very Merry Vintage Style for Share the Love Wednesday
Kim at Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
Thank you, Gracious Ladies!