Friday, November 19, 2010

You Might Find This Book Helpful

The 4:8 Principle by Tommy Newberry


I won't write a detailed book review because there is much information on this book via Amazon.  The last time I checked, though, out of 93 ratings, it had 89 5-star ratings, 2 4-star, and 2 3-star.  High praise, indeed.

This is a book I will reread every so often.  If you've read quite a bit on overcoming negative thinking, you may not find many new ideas, but you might find a few.  I especially like the suggestion that we ask ourselves:  "What five things am I looking forward to in the next seven days?"  With practice I have improved and can quickly come up with five things to look forward to in the next few hours.

But if your quest to overcome negative thinking is relatively new, I share this:  I have a friend who purchased this book, read it voraciously, highlighting away, and said the book was "life-changing" for her.  That dear lady then purchased 18 copies, I kid you not, to give to family and friends.

So read the reviews and see what you think.  Of course, this book is based on Philippians 4:8, which is at the bottom of my post for November 16.

As you may know, if you click on the Amazon widget above and purchase anything, I will earn a little something to go toward buying myself more books.  If you're so inclined, I thank you from the bottom of my little joy-filled heart.

"Rejoice in the Lord always.
I will say it again: Rejoice!"
Philippians 4:4

Joy to your heart,
Bess